Thursday, October 23, 2008

You Really ARE What You Eat! :)

So many people struggle with the food part of their journey. Men and women want six pack abs, and though they work out faithfully, they just dont see them without proper lighting. ;) I get so many questions like that, I thought I'd post what a daily menu plan might look like for me. (yesterday's menu)

BREAKFAST
Eggwhite omelet with lots of veggies (see photo above)
water
black coffee
SUPPLEMENTS *see below*

SNACK
Beachbody Peanut Butter Protein Bar
water with lemon and ice

LUNCH
leftover dinner (last night it was a serving of chicken and loaded with veggies, seasoned)
Whole grain rice made in organic chicken broth
water with lemon and ice

SNACK
low fat cottage cheese with frozen blueberries

DINNER
Beachbody Protein Shake
made with fat free milk, banana, some chunks of frozen mango, ice - blended in blender

I try to have veggies twice a day with my meals, and try to sub in a SHAKE for a meal every other day or so. They feel like a frozen treat - like a milkshake for dinner! :) And....I like to replace dinner with the shake because for lunch I need more food to help me have the energy to make it through the day. Thats just me, and everyone is different!

People also ask which supplements do I take:

P90X Peak Health Multi Vitamin
Cal-Mag
Omega 3
Joint Support
Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
P90X Protein Bars - my favs: blueberry and peanut butter. Kc loves Mocha. (That sounds about right for how we do things.....exact opposite, all the way across the board! ;))

I take these FAITHFULLY.
Yes, it is A LOT of pills to swallow, but I notice a BIG change on the days I forget - especially without my Peak Health. Energy DROP! :( If I am going to live an eXtremely busy and active life, I need to give myself all the advantages I can in the health and nutrition side of things. I had to really work to get to the point where I could take these supplements, because taking even ONE pill 'pre-Beachbody days' required me gearing up to gag it down. (and when I say gag, I was literally GAGGING: read: OVERLY DRAMATIC ;) I know - you're shocked that I'm dramatic ;)) But I'm proud of how far I've come. :) Its all about "MIND OVER MATTER"; if its good for you; no matter how uncomfortable: DO IT. :) Its called self discipline, and if I can do it - you can too! :) (course, I also pray for God to give me strength, and I dont believe that plays a small part in living a disciplined life, so I advise trying that too! ;))

I just started a new supplement that I am still waiting to see what the affects are, if any. If I end up giving it thumbs up, I'll post it here for you to give a try. (Its not a Beachbody Supplement)

I hope this helps you. It just takes A PLAN. (another one of Tony's Laws!) :)

Change your THINKING, (about food and supplements) and you'll have a better chance of changing your BODY!

Go gettum - YOU CAN DO IT!!
xoxo
TRACI +7

2 comments:

Lori Jantzi said...

Thank you soooo much for that Traci! (and for the coaching tips tour!) :) Love your pantry!

workoutangel said...

Traci,
I like what you said about changing the way we think about food and then we can change our body. I think that's a big reason I haven't succeeded before it weight loss is because I didn't want to give up those foods at all! I thought they were my friend (now I know they're not!). What is your biggest tip on changing your thinking about food?