Friday, October 17, 2008

Finding Your SPORT :)

After my last blog, I thought it was worth mentioning a close friend who is choosing to plug his fitness into something both fun and exciting! :)

I heard from only 3 people after my last post, and thought I'd give them a public nod for doing so and for furthering their commitment, or recommitting to their health. :) Kathy, my sweet online friend was inspired to pick up her fitness again after some time off due to family and just LIFE. YAY Kathy!! :) Lori is playing gymnastics in the yard with her kids and working on her backovers! :) LOVE IT! Kelly is taking an adult tap class! :) How cool. I didnt know they HAD such a thing?! I'm so glad they do!

So yesterday I had a "play date" with my friend Scott Fifer. :) Both of our hearts were called to help Africa in the same year - his to open a NPO for orphans in Tanzania (see his blog on the side bar entitled TunaHAKI), and mine to adopt my boys from Ethiopia! His photos were the ones that God used to stir my heart to consider adoption back in February of 06! There we were - in some nice little outdoor restaurant and I'm having my 'burning bush' moment. :) I just love Scott, and think his heart is of the purest intention! :)

Back to the play date. :) Brad, Joey and I headed in to the Santa Monica Pier to see him in his trapeze class. I had NO IDEA this even existed until he started up back in May, so to go and see him and a couple other great ladies we know do this was a BLAST! The boys were loving watching him fly through the air with the greatest of ease ;), and I was too. Then we headed over after class to play in the sand. :) Well, the boys were digging while we talked. It was blue skies, slight breeze and warm sun - a GREAT day to sit and talk with a friend. :)

But the point is: he took a chance and tried something completely out of the norm for the typical adult thinking of what it is to be an adult, and I LOVE that! :) So, enjoy his photos, and may it inspire to you have a PLAY TIME of your own! :)
Scott, chalking up before heading up the ladder
The boys, eagerly anticipating his jump!

Waving to his 'fans', who were in awe :) (me included)
VERY COOL!

Scott and the Boys! :)


xoxo
TRACI +7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to visit me Traci! I can't wait till your boys are a little bit older and they can take a trapeze class too!

Lori Jantzi said...

I love that! Thanks so much for sharing, Scott and Traci! :) Like Perry Tinsley always says, "It's Never To Late!" Well done and what an inpiration to all us 40+'rs!