Sunday, January 6, 2008

Clean out the cupboards and fridge!

Most people are looking to get their eating in check, begin an exercise program, and lose some weight year round, but for some reason, the start of a new year is when people collectively set their intentions for a healthy new start! This is a good plan, however, every day is a new start for healthier choices! So whether its January 1st or a random Thursday, TODAY is a NEW DAY to make new, HEALTHY choices for taking care of your body!

A great STARTING POINT for anyone looking to change old, bad patterns is to clean out your fridge, freezer, and cupboards. An old friend once said these wise words:

Say no to yourself ONCE: at the market!


Wise advice, and I quote it often! You can say no to yourself several times throughout the day, but around 7:30pm when you're grazing and bored; all it takes is saying yes once to a bad food choice to undo all of your good choices throughout the day! Then you figure "Well, I already blew it, so I'm just going to finish off this "fill in the blank" (cake, pie, tub of ice cream...) and start over tomorrow." You lay in bed feeling like you failed with your stomach beyond full at the worst possible time of day to be full. Its a vicious cycle, and if you're reading this and thinking "Oh man, is that me!!" Dont ya wonder how I know? Because it is an age old story that plays out in many, many households, only in each house the main characters are played by different people!

Well, you can change that in YOUR house by setting yourself up to succeed, not fail! Pack the house with raw veggies and fruits, whole grains (beans, lentils, brown and wild rice, oatmeal, whole grain pasta), lean proteins, and healthy fats, water bottles, green tea, and lots of other healthy choices that are in line with your desire to lose some stored fuel (body fat) and get healthy and fit!


And you can do it any day of the week, month, year!

WHY NOT START TODAY?

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Lady! This is going to be a great blog and I plan to be a loyal follower AND I am sending this to my sisters who continuoulsy tell me that they don't have time for fitness because of their kids! My oldest sister just had a baby girl in November and I recommended that she dig out the Power 90 DVDs that I gave her. The other sister tells me that my 7 yr old nephew and 5 yr old niece keep her too busy from working out. WHATEVER! As for me...I am kicking butt and taking names.

Hopefully I will be out in CA again in June for the bike ride and I can come visit the family ;-) Take care, Shushu

Traci Morrow said...

Love you for this, SHUSHU! :)

Except you may want to edit what you wrote if you direct your sisters here!! lol

xoxoxo
TRACI :)

Lori Jantzi said...

Hi my sweet California gal! I love that you started your own blog!!! :D :D :D Another place where I can come for some encouragement and information. I'm loving P90X+ (week 4)! So much fun! :) It's great seeing your lovely face each morning too.

xoxoxo
LORI J :)